the Mill Owners at Bivingsville and Glendale
Story furnished by Clarence
Over the years, since Dr.
Bivings started his mill on Lawson's Fork, a series of owners
have bought, owned and sold the property. Mr. Clarence Crocker
has traced the land transactions all the way back to when Dr. Bivings
bought the original property in 1838. The interesting story he has
written about this can be read at Mill Land
Mr. Crocker was an employee of the mill for many years and was involved
when the Mill Company sold its house to the mill workers in the
He became concerned with the deed transfers at this time. See Selling the Houses.
See the Platt of Mill Company
Property in 1959.
This web site has been started as a
public service to share the story of Glendale. The web master and
person to contact about putting information on the web site is Mary
McKinney Teaster. Contact her at:
or by telephone at (843) 873-8117. See
more information about Mary and her Glendale connection at Mary McKinney Teaster.